Family Attractions In and Around Sheffield
Check out our list of the best local attractions for families!
Whether you’re looking for Sheffield’s hidden gems or the city’s best loved places to go, we’ll be adding them here to help you find the perfect day out.
Keep checking back as we’ll be adding lots of new attractions and features to make it easier to find the best day out for you and your little ones.
We are so very grateful to everyone for their support in launching this page, it might be hard to believe, but we’ve been planning this for over a year! If you would like to support us and list your attraction here pop us an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magna Science Adventure Centre - ***NEW FOR 2017*** Magna Mayhem! Yorkshire’s largest indoor inflatable adventure zone for under 11s. Bounce, boing, jump, slide, bop and boogie for a full 75 mins of high adrenaline fun! The purpose built indoor world of adventure is a safe environment for your kids to let off some steam during the summer holidays. Are your […]
- EIS Sheffield - EIS Sheffield is the country’s largest multi-sports training centre making sports accessible for everyone. The world class facilities are home to numerous local and national sporting clubs, athletes and governing bodies as well as being open to the public enabling participation in more than 60 sports activities at all levels. Specialist facilities include Sheffield’s only […]
- Concord Sports Centre - Located in north Sheffield, Concord Sports Centre has a range of indoor and outdoor facilities that are sure to keep your children and the family entertained. Make use of two multi-use sports halls, outdoor floodlit football pitches, two swimming pools and three multi-sensory rooms to keep children active whatever the weather. Swimming Of the two […]
- Heeley Pool and Gym - Located at the heart of the community, Heeley Pool is a family friendly centre. This Victorian building offers a nostalgic feeling but has been modernised without losing its charm. Offering a traditional 20 year swimming pool, sauna and gym Heeley offers a great community hub that has seen generation after generation attend. Swimming This 20 […]
- Hillsborough Leisure Centre - This is one of Sheffield’s most popular family leisure centres and it’s easy to understand why, boasting a range of indoor facilities including gym, spa, sports hall, lane swimming pool and leisure pool with interactive pirate ship, wave machines, two water slides and a children’s spa pool and numerous children’s activities. Swimming There are two […]
- iceSheffield - If you fancy a family day out with a difference iceSheffield could be the ideal place. With two Olympic ice pads and the Altitude Adventure High Ropes Challenge it certainly offers families a day out to be remembered. Ice Skating The recreational ice skating arena has a timetable to suit every visitor from family skating perfect […]
- Ponds Forge International Sports Centre - Ponds Forge International Sports Centre is located in the heart of Sheffield City Centre and offers a diverse choice of activities including sports hall, children’s activities, two swimming pools, gym, and a spa. Swimming There are two swimming pools at Ponds Forge; an Olympic sized 50 metre pool suitable for lane swimming and public sessions […]
- Springs Leisure Centre - Springs Leisure Centre is a great place for the local community with a range of facilities to interest the whole family. Swimming Pool There is one large swimming pool here suitable for all the family to enjoy together during their casual sessions. They also have a range of enjoyable activities timetabled including Swim-a-song for babies and […]
- Tapton Park Golf Club - Located in Chesterfield, Tapton Park Golf Club offers something for all the family whether you are interested in golf or just want to have fun as a family on the FootGolf course. Footgolf Looking for an hours entertainment for the whole family? You don’t need to be a skilled footballer or professional golf player to […]
- Westfield Sports Centre - Westfield Sports Centre has brand new, modern facilities where they focus on community health and fitness. Situated on the same site as Westfield Sports College, the centre is used during the day to support the fitness and sporting education of college students. Swimming The 25 metre swimming pool has a shallow end for parents with […]
- Shepherd Wheel Workshop - Set in the picturesque valley of the Porter Brook, Shepherd Wheel is a unique working example of Sheffield knife grinding industry. Along the footpath from Endcliffe Park to Forge Dam, now a hidden gem and a lasting example of Sheffield’s industrial cutlery Industry. The whole family will enjoy the experience of engaging with life in […]
- Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet - Abbeydale Works was once the largest water-powered industrial site on the River Sheaf. Catch a unique glimpse of life at home and at work at this scythe and steelworks. All About Abbeydale and The Works. All about Abbeydale is a new exhibition that gives an overview of the historic site. Follow the timeline’s flow and […]
- Kelham Island Museum - All the family will enjoy exploring the fun, interactive galleries at Kelham Island Museum as they unravel the story of steelmaking in Sheffield. There is so much to see and do here, spread across this 900 yr old man made island there are objects, interactive displays, galleries, industrial workshops both inside and outside for your […]
- Endcliffe Park - Endcliffe Park has so much to offer for families, set within beautiful surrounding woodland and the River Porter running through it you can enjoy a peaceful walk or scooter ride before heading to the cafe and then onto the playground. Or simply watch your children playing on the large green open spaces, older children will […]
- Norfolk Heritage Park - Norfolk Heritage Park has a wonderful mix of rolling grass areas, formal avenues, wild woodland and children’s playgrounds with fine views over the City of Sheffield. The Friends of Norfolk Heritage Park have worked with the local council and community to maintain and develop this Green Flag award winning park. Well worth a visit! Playgrounds Nestled […]
- Millhouses Park - An excellent park for all the family to enjoy, there really is something for all ages here including open grassed areas, playground, Water Splash, skate park, sensory garden and more… If you have never been to Millhouses park before you are in for a treat, pack up a picnic or sample the delights at the […]
- Whirlow Hall Farm Trust - Whirlow Hall Farm is an Educational Trust providing a unique experience of a real farm set in beautiful countryside location, there is something for all the family to enjoy. There are a number of opportunities to visit Whirlow Hall Farm, public tours, educational visits and everyone will enjoy their special seasonal events. Farm Tours At […]
- Sheffield Manor Lodge - Tudor manor house with discovery centre in beautiful grounds. Opens on selected dates from March to December (Manor Oaks Farm and Rhubarb Shed Cafe opens all year round). Discovery Centre As you walk through the Discovery centre beautiful green grounds of a Tudor manor house opens out for your little ones to explore safely. Inside the grounds […]