Find below a list of all the playgroups which have had a short video published by Little Sheffield to help you find out more about that group (click the link to see the video).
All filming was done by local film production company Humbledinger, we would like to extend our thanks to them for everything they have done to make this project possible.
These videos are part of a Big Lottery Fund project and we would love to hear whether you have found them useful – please get in touch and let us know!
We would like to thank the Big Lottery Fund for giving us the funding to produce these videos, they have been viewed over 50,000 times already and we hope to reach many more people.
- Little Learners - Zest Centre, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield, S6 3NA Thursdays 10.30am-11.30am Runs through most school holidays This group is a drop in group aimed at children aged 2-3years old, however we allow all children under the age of five to attend. The group is planned around the EYFS and each week has a different activity promoting the main […]
- Story Time at Highfield Library - Highfield Library, London Road, S2 4NF Tuesdays 11:15 – 12:00 Term Time Only A singing session for children under 18 months, with new and traditional rhymes For more information check Library event’s page, call 0114 2930018 / 2037204 or email email@example.com Find more playgroups in S2 Find more playgroups on Tuesdays Find more playgroups in […]
- Babytime at Firth Park Library - 443 Firth Park Road, Sheffield, S5 6QQ. Tuesday morning 10.30-11.30am. Babytime sessions for under 5s to enjoy. For more information check the Under 5s section on the Library Events page, call 0114 2037433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Find more playgroups in S5 Find more playgroups on Tuesdays Find more playgroups in Libraries Find more Baby Time playgroups in libraries
- SYMBA Playgroup - Shooter’s Grove Children’s Centre, 248 Wood Lane, Stannington, S6 5HN. Tuesdays 10am-12pm Runs through school holidays and all year with the exception of between Christmas and new year, and sometimes a week off over the summer if no volunteer available This group is open to anyone with multiples (twins, triplets or more) from pregnancy through […]
- Storytime at Chapeltown Library - Chapeltown Library, Nether Ley Avenue, S35 1AE Thursday 10.45am to 11.30am. Term Time only. Under 5s storytime There is currently a waiting list for this event contact Chapeltown library direct for more details and to add your name to the list. (Contact details below) For more information check Chapeltown Library’s webpage, contact the library on 0114 2037000 or […]
- Babytime at Stannington Library - Stannington Library, Uppergate Road, Stannington, S6 6AL Every other Thursday 2pm-3:15pm Term time only Stories, toys, baby ball pool, sensory play and more! Sing hello to every child and enjoy a different activity each week. Suitable for children up to 2.5 years old. For more information contact email@example.com Find more groups in libraries Find more groups […]
- Ecclesfield Under 1s (Home Start) - Gatty Hall, Priory Road, Ecclesfield, S35 9XY Fridays 9:30am-11:15am Term time only. Home Start run various groups which offer a welcoming, non threatening environment for parents to meet, make friends and engage in activities for their own and their child’s personal development. Home Start groups have toys for the babies to play with, hot cups […]
- Little Droplets - The Well, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, S11 8PR Wednesdays 10.00am-11:30pm Term time only The group offers refreshments for adults and children, toys, craft and an extended music time workshop. £1.50 plus 50p per additional participating child Find the Facebook page here Find more playgroups on Mondays Find more playgroups in S11
- Spires Playgroup - Spires Centre, 600 East Bank Rd S2 2AN Thursdays 9.30am-11.15am Term Time Only The Spires Playgroup offers mums and dads a chance to bring their youngsters (babies to pre-school) along to interact, play and have lots of fun in a safe environment. Each family gives a donation of £1.50 which covers all the activities and […]
- Babytime at Central Children’s Library - Updated 02/01/2017 Central Children’s Library, Surrey Street, S1 1XZ Fridays 11:00 – 12:00 Term Time Only Rhymes and songs in an informal atmosphere. Suitable for under 5s. Songs, actions and rhymes begin at 11:15am For more information call 0114 273 4734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Find more playgroups in S1 Find more playgroups on Fridays Find […]
- Longley Wrigglers - Longley 4G Community Centre, 41 Southey Avenue, S5 7NN Wednesdays 9:30 – 11:00 Term Time Only Come and join in the fun activities including arts and crafts, messy play, soft play, books, cars, dolls and much more. Tea and coffee is available for parents and a healthy snack is provided for the children. There will […]
- Madina Tots - Madina Masjid, Wolseley Road, Sheffield, S8 0ZU Wednesdays 10am-12pm Term time only A new mother & toddler group which started in 2016. Everyone welcome. There will be snacks, face painting, games as well as the chance to learn some arabic letters. Every half term the group looks at a different arabic letter and run activities based around […]
- Mosborough Toy Library and Stay & Play - Updated 29/01/2017 Mosborough Elim Church, Church Street, Mosborough, S20 5BP 1st and 3rd Friday of the month 10am-12pm Runs all year round excluding bank holidays The Toy Library runs alongside a Stay & Play session where families are welcome to come along and play with all the toys and enjoy playing with others. £1.50 per family […]
- Mums Coffee Morning & Playgroup - Merrie Monk Pub, Manor Park Centre, Sheffield, S2 1WE Wednesdays 10am-12pm Runs through most school holidays (please check before going) The group is a chance for mums to meet and chat with each other, with a room full of toys to keep the little ones happy. Older children are welcome. There is always tea, coffee […]
- NCT Bumps and Babies - Updated 29/01/2016 St Andrew’s Hall, St Andrew’s Road, Nether Edge, S11 9AL Tuesdays 10am – Midday Runs all year round A friendly and welcoming NCT group aimed at bumps and pre-walking babies. As the group is for pre-walkers you can feel safe and secure that your baby can stretch out on the carpet in peace […]
- B-Tots - Updated 28/01/2016 Broomhill Methodist Church, Fulwood Road, S10 3BD Thursdays 13:00-15:00 Runs through most school holidays (please check before going!) B-Tots is a relaxed playgroup for children from tiny babies up to pre-school age. Siblings are more than welcome. There are lots of toys to play with, parents and carers to chat with and importantly, […]
- Tiddler and Toddler Group - St Marks Church, High Street, Mosborough, S20 5AE Wednesdays 10:00 -12:00 Term time only Come and get a hot cup of tea or coffee and let your little ones enjoy free play, crafts, toys and activities! There is also drinks and snacks for children and a sing song to finish. http://www.stmarkmosborough.co.uk/Tiddler_&_Toddler.html
- NCT Peek-A-Boo Baby and Toddler Group - Updated 28/01/2016 St Pauls Church, Norton Lees Lane, S8 9BD Wednesday 10:00 – 12:00 Term Time Only Peek-a-boo welcomes babies and toddlers with their parents and carers for some fun play time, interact and explore there surrounding. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere where children can play and parents and guardians can get peer […]
- St Tim’s Tiddlers - Updated 27/03/2017 St Timothy’s Church 138 Slinn Street, Sheffield, S10 1NZ Tuesdays 10:00 – 11:30 A Parent and Baby group (up to 12 months), which meets in the Church Centre for support, a chat and a cuppa. For more information visit St Timothy’s website Find more playgroups in S10 Find more playgroups on Tuesdays
- St Timothy’s Sunbeams - Updated 04/04/2017 St Timothy’s Church 138 Slinn Street, Sheffield, S10 1NZ Thursdays 09:45 – 11:15 There is no lower age limit for children and despite the joys of parenthood(!) it can be great to have an outside activity during the day when you can meet up and chat with other adults, and where your child can […]
- St Thomas’s Tots & Toddlers - Updated 28/01/2016 St Thomas’s Church Nairn Street, Sheffield, S10 1UL Mondays & Fridays 10:00 – 11:30 Term Time Only Singing and crafts, water and sand, dolls and trucks, a designated baby area, with a lot more besides. St Thomas’s Tots and Toddlers groups are a great place to meet friends and have fun while you chat […]