Family Walks in Sheffield
We’ve put together a list of lovely walks suitable for all ages, including lots that are pushchair friendly accessible.
Each walk has been mapped out and walked by our volunteers, with pushchairs users specifically in mind. But you don’t need to have a pushchair, the walks are great for little explorers too!
We are adding new routes all the time… If you know of a walk that is suitable for pushchairs or you have feedback on any of our walks listed below please let us know, we would love to hear from you.
- Derwent Reservoir - Derwent Reservoir A walk through beautiful woodland and alongside the stunning Derwent Reservoir, suitable for almost all pushchairs. The walk follows the Red Trail from the Fairholmes car park. It is an easy going route (except for the first 100m which are uphill!) and the paths are well maintained, although there are 4 steps to […]
- Bakewell - Bakewell This lovely walk takes you along the quiet end of the Monsal Trail. The track is great and suitable for almost all pushchairs. The walk goes along the very end of the Monsal Trail which, unlike the rest of the trail, is rarely used by cyclists making it much more enjoyable to walk with […]
- Castleton - Castleton A very interesting walk around Castleton that mainly follows quiet roads and pavements so the paths are easily suited to all prams and pushchairs. The walk takes in some beautiful scenery including the impressive Devil’s Arse cave entrance, the start of the Cave Dale path which has some lovely rocky features for little ones […]
- Baslow To Chatsworth - Baslow To Chatsworth A lovely loop around Baslow & Chatsworth with a great path that is easily suitable for most pushchairs/prams. The walk takes in some beautiful scenery and goes past Mary Queen of Scots Summer House as well as right past the impressive Chatsworth House. If you look carefully you may also spot the […]
- Cresswell Crags - Cresswell Crags A stunning place with a great path that is easily suitable for most pushchairs/prams. Cresswell Crags has lots to keep little ones entertained too with rock faces, caves, ducks and some great climbing frames too (see below pic). And to top it off there is a cafe, toilets, baby change and even an […]
- Damflask Reservoir - Damflask Reservoir Damflask Reservoir is a great spot for a pushchair walk. The paths are suitable for most types of pushchairs/prams and it is a lovely spot with mini beaches, great views, and some lovely countryside. There are no facilities on this walk so pack yourself a thermos flask a picnic blanket and some snacks! […]
- Longshaw Estate - Longshaw Estate Longshaw Estate is full of interesting sights and amazing views which makes it a perfect spot for little adventurers! We recommend you park at the overflow car park just off the A625 (the start point on the map) because you then get to have a play on the rocks and grindstones which is […]
- Wyming Brook - Wyming Brook Taking a walk through Wyming Brook is like a mini adventure, there are dramatic waterfalls, huge boulders and enormous trees. The path that you walk is up above the waterfalls so you get to hear the thundering water as you walk but we highly recommend you stop to peer over the wall and […]
- Langsett Reservoir - Langsett Reservoir If we had a rating system then Langsett Reservoir would get all 3 stars! It is suitable for most pushchairs (the larger the wheels the more suitable), the walk takes in some stunning views of the reservoir as well as the beautiful countryside. It is on Yorkshire Water land, which means it has […]
- Wharncliffe Woods - Wharncliffe Woods Wharncliffe Woods is a really lovely walk that takes in some beautiful views as well as the fantastic woodland. This walk is easily suitable for All Terrain Pushchairs, and it is probably suitable for most normal pushchairs too (the larger the wheels, the more suitable your pushchair will be). There are no facilities […]
- Porter Valley Nature Reserve - Porter Valley Nature Reserve Porter Valley Nature Reserve is a beautiful walk that takes you off the beaten track and takes in some stunning views. We should point out that the walk can be quite muddy and does involve some uphill. It is suitable (just!) for all terrain pushchairs, but not for normal pushchairs. There […]